Wednesday, February 22, 2012

TOO SWEET

The other night, Ruther brought home a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. He was given a gift certificate last Christmas for a dozen Original Glazed Donuts and decided to get them before the certificate expired. Well, I tried one and sadly, I'm not a fan. It was just too sweet. And this coming from a certified sweet tooth.

I remember when Krispy Kreme came to the Philippines and opened its first store. Oh. My. God. You won't believe the hype and the lines. I saw it in the news and read it in the newspapers. And now, after trying one of their donuts, I can say for sure that it's not something I look forward to eating everyday, unlike say, Mister Donut's Donut and Dip or Dunkin' Donuts' Nutty Choco or assorted munchkins. Japan's MisDo's Angel Cream donut and the Custard Cream one which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE are a whole lotta better than this sugary dessert. Krispy Kreme's Original Glazed donut? Bleh. I had to force myself to finish one! I think I consumed a pound of sugar just eating one! And looking at their Caramel Glazed Donut? Made my teeth hurt!! Who would want to eat that much sugar? Really? So, if you ask me if I love Krispy Kreme donuts, I would say no.

However, I haven't tried their baked products yet, such as the Banana Walnut Kruffin and the Ham and Cheese pull apart. But then again, even if they were yummy, I would rather buy the Goldilocks' Banana or Blueberry Muffin or Dunkin' Donuts' Ham and Cheese Croissant which would be less expensive and more filling. So yeah, I don't have to go to a Krispy Kreme store just to satisfy my donut cravings. I know I can always find something else, something better to tame my sweet tooth.


Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Krispy Kreme and am not claiming expertise in their products. I am merely expressing my own thoughts about my experience with their donut and not attacking the company, the employees or the business.

No comments: