Monday, May 28, 2012

SAD BUT GLAD

My parents and brother left last Saturday for Canada to be with my sister.  I'll be the only one in the family who's not with them and that makes me sad because I miss them all so much.  But, at the same time, I'm glad for my mom and dad that they are with my sis because they need this vacation badly.

A few months ago, my dad had a gall bladder operation and my mom had to take care of him by herself.  She told me that while they were in the hospital and my dad was in the ICU, she experienced tremendous pain in her belly.  She then asked to be checked and was told she'd need to accomplish forms and payment before being administered to and be given medicine.  She narrated how she had to go from one place to another while the pain in her belly increased.  She said she wanted to faint at one point.  Good thing she met her friend who was a nurse and when she saw mom, she said she'd accomplish the forms and told mom to sit. I felt so bad when I heard her story.  I thought, I should be doing these things for her, after all the things she did for me and my siblings when we were little.  I wish that they didn't have to live so far away.  I wish that they were living in Manila with us and that we could see them frequently.  I just feel so bad that my parents are growing old and we only have snatches of bonding moments. I wish I had the money to give them what they wanted and to let them live the way they should.

My sister is in Canada.  She's planning to work and live there.  I hope that pushes through because if -eventually- my family and my mom, dad, and brother could all be there, it would be so wonderful.  Actually, that's what I want for my boys. I want them to live in a country with many opportunities, with many chances of experiencing the world.  Living in Japan for a time has taught us many things about life and living. It just changes your whole perspective when you immerse yourself in a different country and culture.

So yeah, I hope that in the near future, it will be our turn to go to Canada and hopefully, it won't just be a visit.

No comments: