Wednesday, May 02, 2012

SUMMER

Summer is actually halfway over by now.  In case you wanted to know, it has been HOT, it has been crazy and it doesn't seem like the weather's going to change anytime soon.  So yeah, the humans are suffering on this side of the planet.

Nikki didn't want to have any summer classes this year.  Can't blame him.  After all the hard work he did at school, he deserves a much-needed break.  But that doesn't mean he's idle in the house.  He's still doing his homeschooling lessons and we do other activities from time to time.  Ethan is improving a lot lesson-wise as well.  He doesn't need much prompting in answering his workbooks but of course, he still has those moments when he's not in the mood and refuses to listen to me.  But I don't mind.  As long as he's interested in learning, that's what's most important.  Enzo has impetigo now.  Sigh.  My poor boy. He's itching all over and the rashes/tiny pustules look hideous!! :(  I hope it will go away soon.  He's to take antibiotics and needs ointment for the rashes.  And I meant to have his photo taken for my sister!  Oh well, I guess I have to postpone that...

.....

Summer has been so hot.  I believe the hottest yet.  Can't blame the planet.  It is after all, our doing.  Who else can we blame?  So until we can control our irresponsible ways, there's no hope in having less sweltering summers in the future.

.....

I've been feeling so restless.  Do I work, do I not work?  How does one decide on these things?  It drives me bonkers having to think of what to do or what not to do.  Sometimes I feel I need to do it.  But then again, I know my boys need me more.  Ruther doesn't have the patience to deal with too many parenting issues.  I feel that I have to do my part as a parent well to make up for his -shall we say- lack of parenting expertise when it comes to the boys.  I know he does his best but sometimes he doesn't realize that his way is not always the right way.  So now, I feel that if I work, how will I find the time and energy to be there for them?  Will I be able to handle the pressure/s?  Will I be able to do my job well as a mother, wife and career woman?  Another thing, what work will I look for? I can't very well go back to doing what my degree dictates.  It's been ages and I don't think anyone would accept me.  I would like to be an English teacher.  But I don's have the degree and license for that.  I would like to teach English to foreigners but the pay here is really bad.  Wouldn't mind doing that in Japan though. Anyway, I guess bottom line is, I need to find out what I want to do with my life before it's too late.

No comments: