Thursday, May 10, 2012

SWEENEY TODD

Just watched Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street starring Johnny Depp (LOVE him!) and now I'm feeling bad!  Not only was the story gory, it had a really sad ending.  And I wasn't expecting that at all!  Drat!   I did love the singing and the first part of the story.  I think Jayne Wisener has a really lovely voice.  Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter weren't too bad either.  Director Tim Burton described it as macabre.  I guess he was right.  It was just an eerie, scary, gory, sad movie.  Not for everyone I suppose but if you appreciate musicals, you just might like this.

.....

We're off to a fun day at my brother-in-law's workplace for a visit.  It's a Kids @ Work thing and the boys are excited.  Well, I'm excited.  I hope the boys have fun with the activities.  I'll be bringing along a helper because I can't very well handle 3 boys on my own, can I?  Well, I can but I'll be stressed to no end.  So I want to NOT be that tomorrow.  Anyway, here's hoping for a very entertaining, fun-filled day!

No comments: