Saturday, June 16, 2012

AWAY FROM HOME

Ruther is in Bohol right now.  He's with his officemates because they have a company outing.  I'm sure he's having a great time there.  I've been to Bohol before with him, Nikki and Ethan and it was fun.  We got to see a lot of things and we enjoyed our stay and of course, our bonding time as a family.  I'm sure this time it will be a different experience for him, since he'll be with friends.

I would have loved to see the beach again but my doctor forbade me from any swimming activities for at least a month after my LASIK.  So I guess beach-going is out of the question right now.  We're hoping though, to be able to go to Puerto Galera for my birthday but until I get the okay from my doctor, we'll have to postpone it.  My next appointment will be around July 2nd so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  I'm quite excited to see the fish underwater though. It's hard to see clearly when all the fish you see are the ones that are a foot from your face.  :P  I know it will be an additional expense for us to hire a banca (outrigger boat) for the snorkeling activity but I SO want to do it now that my eyes are all okay. So I suppose that means, I have to come up with the money for that expense. :P  But really, who cares as long I see the fish while I feed them!!  I'm SO excited!

.....

Ethan celebrated his birthday last Tuesday.  He's now 9 years old.  I can't believe it.  Sometimes, I still think of him as my baby.  Maybe if we didn't have Enzo we'd be babying him all the time so I suppose it's okay that Enzo came after him. :D  Anyway, we just had a simple party. Since Ethan is not very particular about having people over, we just had a quiet, simple celebration at home with cake, photos, fried chicken and spaghetti. Of course, there is always the presents.  


I know some families really go out of their way to have parties and such, but our family is not like that.  It’s not that we dislike parties but that we’d rather spend the day together in family celebration.  We would have loved to bring Ethan somewhere, a place he’d enjoy but Ruther had work today so we’ll just put if off for another day.
I can’t believe Ethan is 9.  My boys are growing so fast. It feels like they are slipping away from me and I can’t stop it.  I know that letting them go is inevitable, so I just want to arm them with life skills so they will be good and ready for whatever comes their way. 
I cannot imagine life without my boys.  Ethan is a pretty special kid and I see it everyday.  I admit, not many people understand him, but I do and as long as he’s happy, healthy and learning, I’m happy. 
I love you Ethan! Happy Birthday!

No comments: