Monday, June 04, 2012

SEEING IS...

I cannot believe I can see! Without glasses on!  It's just amazing.

I'm not a vain person.  When I needed to wear glasses, I didn't mind.  When it only became a hindrance to my everyday life did it require me to wear contacts.  But because of dryness and inconvenience, I stopped wearing contacts altogether and just wore glasses.  Until now.

I never thought that waking up and seeing everything without having to reach for your glasses was possible.  I mean, sure, I could always opt for corrective surgery, but with 3 boys, a single-income and looming bills, that was never in my book.  Until my parents offered to pay for my LASIK, I never even thought that one day, I would have 20/20 vision.

I has not sunk in yet.  I mean, I still have to wear my protective glasses (for the first week after surgery) so it still feels like I have my prescription glasses on.  I really notice the change when I wake up in the morning because it's just so... NEW.  I mean, usually when the alarm rings, I have to grope for the alarm clock to turn it off, then reach for my glasses so I could get up and prepare Ruther's baon.  But now, I just have to turn off the alarm, get up and go.  When I bathe, I don't need to wear my glasses in the shower just to make sure I shave my legs properly.  I can do that now because I can see.

I'm really looking forward to being able to wear eye make-up (can't do that now yet) because when I wore glasses, I always thought eye make-up was useless.  Why would I wear eye make-up when my glasses covered my eyes?  Now that I'm no longer wearing glasses, I could wear sunglasses.  At last!  I had glasses made before that had tint on them but they weren't too fashionable so I didn't use them all the time.  I'm also looking forward to snorkeling.  It would be so wonderful to finally be able to wear snorkeling gear and see below the water without having to squint and see fish that are up to my nose only.

It's really exciting.  I'm slowing starting to believe that yes, my vision has been restored and that I'm rid of my glasses.  It's just amazing.  I feel like I've been reborn.

Truly.

No comments: