Wednesday, June 06, 2012

SOMETHING EXCITING

Yes, and it's happening this Friday.

I have an interview for a job! Isn't that amazing?  Okay, I can hear you ask, "When did THAT happen?" Well, last Sunday, I bought a newspaper.  I got it not to job hunt, but just to read what's happening in the world today.  When I reached the classifieds section, I thought,"what the heck".  So I browsed through it. And then, I happened to see an ad which piqued my interest.  It caught my eye because 1. it's right for me because it's related to my course and 2. it's very near home.  So anyway, I saw a cell phone number in the ad and decided to give it a shot.  I asked if the position was still available and I received a reply asking me to send my resume via email.  It did, the next day and to my surprise, promptly got a request for an interview this Friday!  So now, I'm biting my nails.  Will I take it?  Will they like me?  Will it be good enough?  I'm just a nervous, excited wreck.

Of course, the idea that I'd be away from the boys for longer than 5 hours (when I did part-time work before) scares the crap out of me, especially since I breastfeed Enzo and since I decided to homeschool Ethan (with a homeschool provider).  But, the idea that the job is so close to home and that I have the option of having them come to me when they need me or when I need them is appealing.  Also, the fact that I'll be doing what I studied all these years in college is making me excited.  I mean, should we decide to migrate, my experience in this field will be a great boost.  So I hope I hope I hope the job will be okay - salary-wise and schedule-wise.

I'm sure I'll be able to find ways (and time) in homeschooling the boys. I'm not saying it's going to be easy.  All I'm saying is we'll find a way.  Here are some scenarios:

1.  If everything goes well and I get the job, I'll consider enrolling Ethan with a SPED class to reinforce his learning.  We have a school which is a couple of streets away from home which offers SPED classes for walk-in student.   Just have to find out their rates, though.  I hope it's affordable.

2. I'll have to homeschool Nikki during weekends (if I'm free then) or when I have my day/s off.  I sincerely hope I have 2 days free every week because I just know it will be cutting into our family bonding time and I would just miss them a lot.

3.  We'll have to continue with Ethan's therapy every week just so he'd have a familiarity with a teacher.

4. I'll simply use my free time at work to research learning tools and lessons for the boys.

My main concern regarding work is my time away from the boys of course.  Not only will it separate us for longer hours but I'm concerned about missing out on their important activities like when Nikki has programs in school or Enzo's firsts.  I'm sure it will hurt not to be there, but I'm sure they know that I'm doing this for them.

I know that these are all hypothetical because I don't know if I'll be getting the job but it helps to know that I have a plan should it happen.  I also know I have to ready myself and be strong should the time come when I'll be away from them for hours a day.  It's sad but we need the money.  And that's life.

No comments: