Friday, February 01, 2013

Lessons Proceeding Nicely

It's the first week of my 5-week course and I find myself enjoying it.  My professor (as I like to call him) is jovial and sometimes makes me laugh with his ad libs during lectures.  The readings are a bit tedious but necessary and I understand they are important to make me understand the lessons even more.  It's only the first week and I've already learned so much from the lessons. I hope to be able to remember them for future use. I am already quite excited about putting up my own business. :)

.....

We have decided to homeschool all the boys next school year.  I am not happy with Nikki's current progress, especially in English.  Sure, he's learning a lot from Filipino subjects and being with his classmates help a lot, but he's hardly doing arts now, or music, or even learning computer, which is supposed to be a part of their curriculum!  I just find it so lacking.  They don't even have clubs for the kids.  I think only the high schoolers are active in clubs.  It's just annoying that they do not give importance to extra-curricular activities.  Anyway, I know that the road we are headed is challenging but for my boys to grow up well-rounded and world-smart, then I know that we should - and can - do this.

No comments: