Sunday, January 27, 2013

Planning a Reunion

This year will be our 20th High School Reunion.  Scary, I know.  Flashes of movie scenes where terrible and embarrassing things happen during a reunion come to my mind.  Why do people even bother to have reunions in the first place?

But, casting all negativity aside, it's pretty exciting.  Thanks to Facebook and frequent visits home, I've kept in touch with most of my classmates and I must say, I am quite close with several.  I think that is a good record considering Ruther hardly ever talks to his High School classmates these days.

Oh yeah, I am organizing the reunion.  Since I was one of the class officers during our time (should I even say that?!) I thought I might as well start the ball rolling.  I am of course, involving everyone in this. I've started organizing committees and so far everything is going smoothly except the part where a handful of my friends (my good friends in fact) had a spat and are now not on speaking terms.  Yes, what a disaster! I mean, what's the use of having a reunion when people aren't even talking to each other!  I was kind of irritated at first when I found out about it, but then, I realized that I don't know the complete story.  So the most I could hope for is for my friends to look beyond the fight and focus on their friendship instead. So we'll see.  I'm hopeful.  But if I don't hear anyone trying to make up by mid-year, I'll stage an intervention!

Sigh.

No comments: