Saturday, February 24, 2007

OUR LAST SATURDAY

Today is our last Saturday here in Japan. As much as that saddens me, I can't do anything about that anymore. I still wish we did not have to go home. I still wish that we could stay longer. But it's all right. Maybe the distance will be good for Ruther and me. Maybe this will strengthen our relationship more and and teach us to not take each other for granted. Maybe later on, when we finally don't have this kind of relationship (overseas and back again) and when we are finally in one permanent place that we call home, we will be fulfilled in each other with no hang-ups and no distractions.

.....

We went to the Kozukue community center today for some badminton. It was a lot of fun and I will surely miss this Saturday event when we go back home. Playing with Ruther's officemates has been really nice and I loved getting to know his buddies.

Anyway, the games we had today were really intense. There was a match between me and Ruther vs. Kenneth and Aaron and it felt like we were having a tournament! It was like a fight-to-the-death thing. But funnier because we were not really serious about it. I tried my best to play a great game (this being the last here) but I still had some bad backhand shots. So, practice, practice for me when I get back... At around 12 noon, Ruther complained of a headache and even if I tried to massage it away, it didn't help so we had to cancel our intended our of the Bay Marina. Ruther assured me that even if we did not go there I would not miss much and I'll take his word for it.

After badminton, we had lunch at Saizerye at Kamoi. I got the chicken and ate a bit from the boys' kiddie plate (they didn't like the hamburger steak) so it was okay. I again drank 2 cups of cappuccino and as usual, it was sooo yummy!!! =D (I know! Coffee addict!)

After that, we settled down at Kenneth's place and I watched a bit of CSI. I love this current season. It's really improved a lot. =D We then left there at around 430pm and took some photos of cherry blossoms that were starting to bloom near the station. I won't have another opportunity to witness the actual blossoming so I thought, better get some shots while I'm here. It turned out nice, if I say so myself.

Then we headed home and I cooked nilaga for supper. I wanted something soup-y and fast so I decided on nilaga. I just added some lomi noodles and it was yummy. =D

Since there will be an apartment inspection tomorrow, I cleaned the bathroom and kitchen area. Tomorrow, I'll vacuum the living area and dust a little. I already did some cleaning for the past 2 days so I don't have much cleaning to do tonight.

It was a fun day. I will surely miss everyone here, especially Ruther, of course.

.....

When we were out today, it was really cold! Even Ruther, who usually does not feel cold easily complained of the chilly wind so I gave him my muffler to use. I wore 3 shirts and my jacket so I was not too cold. Plus, I wore gloves so I was okay. I hope it won't be too chilly tomorrow. We mean to go to Tokyo tomorrow for some sight-seeing. I hope the weather agrees with us... I hope...

No comments: