Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BAR STOOLS AND FURNISHINGS

I recently posted about the site Furniturefromhome because I wanted to check their bedroom designs and furnishings. Like I mentioned previously, it was a very organized site. I loved the look, the colors, the simplicity, the ease of use and most especially the photos of the rooms and furniture. There were so artistic. Anyway, dropping by the site again, I decided to have a more close-up look at the bedroom furniture and the decorating styles. I personally think that the dark wood bed frames were very dramatic pieces. I just think they would look nice in Ruther's and my bedroom. We have been thinking of getting a platform type, just like the queen dark wood modern contemporary platform bed they featured there. I think it looks amazing. I also checked out the home office furnishings because I told Ruther about the recliners there and he told me to look at them again. Yes, I think he would enjoy having one in our bedroom because he loves to watch tv in comfort (and style). I think the chocolate brown recliner club chair is very masculine and so him. Priced at $769 I suppose that's not too bad for something you plan to use everyday for the rest of your life. Oh and did I mention that there are recliners on sale?? I love the taupe leather recliner media home theater sectional sofa. It looks very posh but I don't think it will last long with 2 rambunctious boys in the house. Well, maybe a darker color will suffice. I also checked out the home office desks and I still think that dark wood will fit our contemporary look. I loved the dark contemporary hardwood home office desk. I think Ruther will love that too since it is very masculine. The black cherry executive home office set looks great too. Since we are having the house renovated, we are planning to put a bar on the first floor. We still don't know exactly where to put it but I suppose it will be near the kitchen area. At furniturefromhome, I saw these really cool bar stools. I don't usually like the bar stools with back rests but when I saw the custom made steel swivel bar stool that had a cute cocktail drink on the back, I really loved it. Browsing through the many designs, I thought, you could have your choice there, from the simplest to the most fancy. All you have to do is choose, which is not very easy I might add. Anyway, for the house, I think the backless swivel steel bar stool or the swivel pub tall dining bar stool will be the best choice. We want things simple yet elegant. Anyway, I think the furnishings in furnitureforhome will suit any home, any style and any picky homemaker. Just get ready to spend an entire day looking through all the things in their site because half a day is just not enough time.

bar and counter stool

No comments: