Thursday, October 11, 2007

IMPETIGO UPDATE

Well, Nikki has been taking the antibiotic regularly, I am happy to say. I was thinking it was going to be a fuss-filled event but surprisingly, Nikki is okay with drinking the medicine as long as he gulps it down fast. I'm actually quite proud of him. I know how yucky medicine could be for some kids. (I'm sure Ethan would not be as accommodating.) Yeah, I'm quite glad that we are having no problems with the drinking of the medicine. Anyway, I have been observing Nikk's sores closely and the only change I have seen so far is the one on his scalp, the area above his forehead. It seems to be healing nicely. The rest however, are still the same and I'm suspecting it's because Nikki keeps on scratching those. So yesterday, I bought a bunch of bandaids and after he had his bath, I applied some antibiotic ointment on the sores and covered them up with the bandages. This way, his impetigo won't spread and at the same time, will keep scratching to a minimum. Hopefully it will work. Ethan has some small "bites" and I'm applying antibiotic ointment on them too to prevent them from becoming sores. He also keeps on scratching them and it's driving me nuts having to remind them all the time NOT to scratch. Anyway, as long as we continue with the daily treatment and taking of the oral antibiotic, then I'm sure they will be right as rain in no time. =D

No comments: