Sunday, December 09, 2007

WHAT TO WEAR

Ruther's company Christmas party is this Friday. The other day he informed me that the party organizers decided on a theme for this year's Christmas celebration. Everyone had to go in one's favorite hero/anime. Hmmm... Of course this was a problem for me. I mean, who dyu think was going to make the costume? =P Anyway, I asked Ruther if he had an idea of who he wanted to be. And he said he didn't want to pick something difficult for me to make (isn't he sweet?=D) so he thought of going as Obi Wan Kenobi. I'm sure you know who he is... played by Ewan McGregor, a jedi, carries a light saber? Well, sounded okay with me so I agreed and then checked the internet for some idea on how to make the costume. And this is what I found:


Of course I can't make Ruther's costume exactly like this. Aside from not having a sewing machine here and not having the fabrics, Ruther also did not want me to have to spend for this costume so I know I have to be creative and resourceful. I already have some ideas on how to make Ruther's costume (which will involve cutting some old lab gowns and dyeing them brown, and other things). The light saber won't be a problem because Ruther already has one. I am feeling quite excited about this costume thing. I hope it will turn out as I expect it to be. Hopefully, it won't be too different from this one. =D

No comments: