Saturday, February 09, 2008

RUTHER'S BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was Ruther's birthday.

I already greeted him with a kiss the night before (we slept at 12am). So I hoped I was the first one to greet him. Anyway, we had plans to go to Batangas (a city south of Manila) for his birthday as a family trip so I woke up early yesterday. I made some french toast with hotdogs on the side for my sweetie. I hope he liked it.

We left the house around 8am and reached Batangas at 10. Mama and Papa came with us and it was nice for the family to get together before Ruther leaves on Monday. I thought that the trip was going to take 3 hours (based on our map) but because of a new tollway constructed in Batangas, we had a pretty smooth trip. We went to this place called Bluroze Farms, Parks and Wildlife and it was our first time there. It was a lovely place. There were animals like ostriches and peacocks and even a huge snake (penned, of course), camping sites, a garden for meditation (garden of saints and way of the cross), cottages (for overnight guests), a pavilion (for weddings and parties, a playground, an area for company trainings, a family garden resthouse and pool (for reservations only), a chapel, an RC racetrack, function rooms, a huge maze, a restaurant and dining hall and a prayer cave. The boys had a lot of fun at the playground and these tire swings that were tied to coconut trees. Mama enjoyed the garden of saints and the way of the cross. She really loved the place and I was glad because it was our first time there and I wanted everyone to have fun. Me, I loved everything and the fact that I was with my family. I was also happy that everyone appreciated the place because well, it was my idea that we go there (I just looked it up in the internet).

The entrance fee was only P80. But they also had the day trip rates which was: P110 (entrance + snacks), P125 (entrance + regular meal) and P150 (entrance plus sizzling meal). When we had lunch, it rained hard and I was worried that that was going to ruin our day but fortunately, the sun came out and we continued with the fun until we had to leave at 3pm (to avoid the traffic). We were home by 5pm and after settling down a bit, I took Ruther's photo with his birthday cake. I didn't tell him that I was going to get him a birthday cake so he was pretty surprised to see it on the table. I got him a 12x16, mocha-flavored cake with a badminton design. Ethan was delighted to see the birthday cake. He loves to blow out the candles. Anyway, we also had some spaghetti so it was all right. I gave Ruther a couple of boxers as my present for him. I know it sounds a bit tacky, but hello, stay-at-home mom here and I wanted to give him something he could use while he was in Japan. I also could not get him something heavy because he'll be bringing a lot of stuff with him.

It was a fun day and Ruther (and everyone) had fun and that's all that mattered. This at least will be another fun memory to remember once my sweetie is away.

No comments: