Friday, April 18, 2008

MID-APRIL NEWS

I'm happy to report that Wormy seems to be doing okay in his new home. Of course, the only time he's flustered is when we try to look for him in the dirt. Oh well. But we try to make up for that by giving it lots of food and a sprinkle of water. I just realized this past few days that taking care of worms is kind of fun. In the past, I would never think of having one as a pet but now, it's kind of interesting. And, as Becky says, worms are good for the environment, so there. Hmmm... I think we better find Wormy a companion don't you think?

.....

Been studying and reading like crazy these past few days. I'm already halfway through my (thick) textbook. It's just getting to be so interesting with all the childhood disorders. I mean, before I started this course, I would read in the news about ADHD, bipolar disorders, depression in kids and after a while, I would forget all about it. But once I read more about the disorders it's just all so interesting and really worrisome that some of the disorders that are being treated in the US is not being given the same attention here in the Philippines. Not that I blame anyone. I guess it's just more difficult to focus on health issues here when other pressing problems concern the government. I suppose we still have a long way to go in studying and researching childhood disorders, diagnosing it and treating it.

.....

I feel like April has just gone by in a flash. Already it's halfway over and I am just so excited for it to be May. So many things to plan for, so many things to prepare, so many things to look forward to. I just hope and pray that everything goes well and goes smoothly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite courses in undergrad was Developmental Psychology. It was so interesting learning at what age children are able to do this or that, what issues lead to what problems, etc. You make me want to go back and learn more about psychology! :)