Monday, June 09, 2008

ALMOST BETTER

Nikki's fever is still on and off but I'm glad that he is starting to eat now. my sister tells me that if he still is warm tomorrow I'll have to bring him to the doctor. Well, that's not a problem for me. I just want my little boy to get better. That's all that really matters right now.

.....

Do you sometimes feel so tired at the end of the day and yet, when you try to recall the things you did, nothing comes to mind? Well sometimes that happens to me. At night when I tiredly lay in bed, I wonder about the things I did the whole day and for some, they may seem insignificant and for others, they might take those things for granted, but for me, it's just a part of my everyday. Sometimes it can be routinary (like chores) and other times it can be unpredictable (one word: Ethan). Before I was a mom, I was very organized. But once I had Nikki and Ethan I knew I can't obsess about organization with 2 preschoolers or we would all go crazy (especially me). It took me some time to "go with the flow" but now, things are more flexible and less stressful. As a mom to 2 homeschoolers, I've learned to let go of some of the less important things and to focus on the more important ones. Like when I'm in the middle of my book and Ethan wants to go look for bugs or Nikki wants me to give him a push on the swing, it's okay. Or when Nikki is sick and can't do formal lessons so we listen to classical music instead, it's okay too. Or when we're all not in the mood to have "study time" but just do as we please, that's all right as well. So I suppose at the end of the day, as long as I did what I could to make the day pleasing and fruitful for everyone, as long as the boys learned a little something, and as long as I know everything is all right with my family, I suppose, I could fall asleep knowing that we all had a good day hopefully, tomorrow will be another good day as well.

No comments: