Monday, June 09, 2008

NEWSBITS

Nikki is having a bit of fever these days. I suspect it was because he and Ethan played with the hose the other day and he got wet then. He has on and off fever and that I don't mind so much. It's just that his lack of appetite worries me. He eats so little and gags when I offer him any kind of food. Tonight however, he asked for hotdogs so I was glad that he a bit. Yesterday he ate almost nothing. I monitor his temperature constantly and when I sleep, I think I have one eye open because at the slightest noise, I'm up and checking on him. Today I was so lethargic that I know I need to get more sleep tonight. Hopefully Nikki will be all better soon. I just hate to see my boy listless and not his usual talkative self.

.....

The climate has certainly reverted back to its usual warmth. June is supposed to be a rainy month but I have yet to see rains. It gets so frustrating when it's so terribly warm again in the middle of the afternoon. Without the AC, I'm sure the boys will be restless during their naps. Anyway, here's hoping some rains will come our way soon.

.....

June is also the time when school begins. It's usually a happy time for us homeschoolers because this means no more crowded malls, no more bossy kids at the play centers and no more long lines at the groceries/supermarkets during weekdays. Isn't homeschooling grand? =D

.....

I finally have our birth and marriage certificates for our visa application. I also made the flight reservations with Japan Airlines. This week we need to have our picture taken for our visa. I'm already dreading it because Ethan HATES photo studios. I don't exactly know why but he freaks out when he realizes he's in one. Actually, he also freaks out when he's in a barber shop (which is why I'M his barber) so I suppose it's really a problem for him. So I'm not really looking forward to having his photo taken at the studio. I'm just hoping that when it's time for my photo I won't look disheveled, harassed and like I had just wrestled with a strong, hyperactive, screaming boy.

I know, good luck to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Yes, good luck to you!! Living in a college town as I do, I always like when school is not in session, because then the kids leave. There are fewer cars on the road, stores are less busy, and there's no waiting for anything around town. So, whether the slow down is due to school starting (for you) or ending (for me), hurray for less crowding! :)

Becky said...

I'm so glad it's getting to the point where you can make reservations! YAY!