Friday, June 06, 2008

JUNE CELEBRATIONS

A lot of celebrations happen in June. Well, in my family at least. First, there's our anniversary, Ruther's and mine. Eight years. It's so amazing and so surreal. Eight years seems like a short time compared to couples who have been together for let's say, 25 years. But 8 years feels both lengthy and wonderful at the same time. Being apart from Ruther I suppose, makes our married years really trying. But at the same time, we've gone through a lot, shared a lot, experienced a lot that 8 years feels so much that we're moving forward. Well, I hope we are. Ruther and I have matured in this relationship and despite some spats now and then, we still manage to remain who we were when we got together all those years ago. And I'm glad for that because I really don't want to change the man I fell in love with. Sure, we could improve on our little faults - be more patient, be more forthcoming - but bottomline is, he is who he is and I am who I am. And I know that he is the man I really am meant to be with in this lifetime and the next. I just hope and wish and pray that soon - very soon - we will no longer be celebrating our special day apart.

Next is Ethan's birthday. His birthday actually falls on a holiday (June 12 is Independence Day) so lucky him. =D When he was still in my tummy, I wondered if he would come out during our anniversary. Turns out, he wanted to have his own special day, so he popped out the next morning. Well, I have no problems with that. I remember Ruther telling me (when he brought Ethan to the hospital after I gave birth to him in a lying-in clinic) that a nurse asked him if Ethan was already a month old when she saw him (Ethan) in his arms. At that, Ruther told her that he was just delivered a few minutes ago. The nurse was surprised because Ethan was smooth and big and not at all wrinkly. I would always remember that story and will sure tell Ethan about it when he is older. This year, we won't be celebrating Ethan's birthday with a party. As I mentioned before, we would rather save the money for our (God-willing) trip to Japan next month. But still, it wouldn't hurt to make my baby's day special for him with some cake and ice cream, right?

The other celebration is my brother-in-law's Russell's wedding anniversary. His wife is a nurse in the US so that means I won't be the only one celebrating a wedding anniversary apart from my better half. I guess that's a bit comforting - and sad. But considering the technology we have on this day and age, I guess I shouldn't complain so much, should I?

2 comments:

beevs said...

happy anniversary to u and ruther and happy birthday to ethan. :)

Becky said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, Yette! And prayers that your next one will be spent TOGETHER!