Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A VISIT TO THE DOCTOR

I brought Nikki to the doctor this morning. He needs to drink antibiotics (for his cough that sounds so terrible lately) and nasal decongestant (for his runny nose which started only yesterday). I'm somewhat relieved that his illness is nothing really serious like dengue. So now, all I have to do is monitor Nikki's intake of medicines and make sure he eats frequently. I already made a chart for his antibiotics just so I won't forget the schedule. Hopefully he'll be okay in no time.

.....

Ruther received my anniversary present last night. It was perfect timing. He liked the shirt and I really picked it out for him. I also got him a hair straightening solution. He finds his wavy hair very difficult to manage so I thought he would want to try that out. He was really excited to use it. This morning, he told me that his pals at the office told him he looks a lot like Nikki and Ethan. =D Funny. Anyway, I also got him a greeting card. I'm glad the package didn't get lost in the mail. I was worried about it but good thing not only did it get there, the timing was perfect. Anyway, Ruther says he'll wear the shirt I got him on Sunday when he goes to church. =D

.....

Been watching the tv series Brothers and Sisters lately. I find the story charming. Some of the political exchanges may seem a bit new and strange to me (republicans vs. democrats) but the family dynamics is really riveting. I just started with the second season and I think the cast is simply wonderful. The chemistry between Calista Flockhart and Rob Lowe is so refreshing and funny. I also appreciate how the story also revolves around gay relationships. Philippine tv rarely shows this and I think it's not very healthy especially when there is much discrimination and ridicule when it comes to gay men (of course, celebrities are the exemption). So yes, I think the writers were very creative in giving such tasteful plots to the gay relationship/stories in the series. There are still a lot of things I love about Brothers and Sisters: solving family problems, staying together during a crisis, helping each other out, sharing secrets, etc. I think the whole family thing is what makes this so appealing to me. Anyway, will continue watching this for now. Hopefully, the story of the Walker family will keep me entertained for a wee bit longer.

.....

It finally rained tonight! Alleluia! At last, after days of sweltering heat, it's finally raining! Also, I am glad for the rain because it's our anniversary today. You ask why? Well, we just have this saying that when it rains on your special day or any special occasion, you're being blessed by God. Okay, it could be nonsense or foolish talk but that's what the elders told us when we were little. And since it's raining right now, on our 8th wedding annversary, I must say, God is surely pouring his blessings on us. =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious with Nikki and that he's on the mend now.

Congratulations on your anniversary!