Sunday, July 13, 2008

BEAUTY AND BONDING

Yesterday, the boys, my siblings and I went to SM Mall of Asia for some bonding time. It was my brother's birthday yesterday and today is my sister's so we thought of spending the day together. I also had an appointment with a dermatologist there to clear my face and neck of black spots, skin tags and small warts. He's my sister's pal so from that I was assured that he would be competent. Anyway, when we got to Mall of Asia, the boys were excited. We first had lunch at Chef D'Angelo and I had the platter which had a slice of pizza, caesar salad and chicken. Of course, the boys attacked the chicken with much relish. After that, I went to a bookstore to buy a magazine that would keep me occupied at the waiting room at the clinic. My sis told me that after applying the anesthetic cream, I would have to wait for around 45 minutes before being treated. So I got one of the local mags and bought the boys a Little Einstein book. Then we went to Toy Kingdom and the boys had a blast. The good thing about my boys is that they would play with the toys on display at the toy store but you wouldn't hear "Mommy! I want this toy! Buy this! Buy this! Waaaah!" or something like that. Even Ethan, who especially likes tinkering with the baby toys (gears, hammering toys, shape sorters, noise makers) doesn't protest when I tell him it's time to go. So yeah, I'm glad my boys aren't spoiled at all when it comes to these things. But I got this small and inexpensive stair-and-slide toy which Nikki had been eyeing for weeks but I told him that I would get next time. So I finally got it for him and I got a sponge painting set for Ethan. Hopefully that will make everyone happy. :) We got some ice cream after that and while the boys ate that, my sis checked out some of the shops. Then it was time to go to the clinic for my treatment. While there, the boys slept and so I didn't have to worry about them making noise or running around or getting impatient. After the doctor applied the anesthesia and I waited for 45 minutes for it to numb my skin, the treatment began. I think I have a relatively high pain threshold because I could feel some of the burning but it was tolerable. Maybe after experiencing child birth my pain chart has evolved in a way. :) Anyway, the doctor told me the burns would darken and I would look like I have a lot of moles on my face and neck and yeah, he was right about that. Sigh. Today I looked in the mirror and saw black spots on my face. And we're going to attend a birthday party later! Fortunately it's just a kiddie party so I suppose it's all right.

Anyway, I have to go get ready for church so I'll try posting again later. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

LOL on the 'childbirth' evolving your pain threshold. I think you're right...though I still get a little weak-kneed whenever I have to get a needle poked into me for any reason.

When are y'all leaving?