Wednesday, July 15, 2009

FINALLY GOT THEM

Well, I have more good news. We got our visas for Japan today. That means, all we have to do is get our plane tickets and we're off!

I don't know exactly how I'm supposed to feel about the whole thing. Of course, I'm glad that we will be reunited with Ruther (that's a given) but of course, there are other things that bother me. But I'll cross that road when I'm there.

I've started packing stuff. I know, I know. But that's who I am. I like to be prepared. There are still a few other things I have to ready before I'm completely done with the packing. I've made a list and I'll probably be getting them next week. They're mostly food for the boys and Ruther, some pasalubong for Ruther's officemates and some other minor things. I just hope I won't forget anything once we leave.

I've called Japan Airlines (JAL) and Philippine Airlines (PAL) to compare their fares to Narita Airport. Tickets with 6-months validity and 12-months validity have different rates, I found out. A round trip PAL ticket valid for a year is around $835. JAL's is $756. Considering that there will be three of us, it's quite expensive! So I'm now planning on getting a one-way ticket instead. PAL's is $386 and JAL's is $372. So, considering that JAL's rate is cheaper and since we've already flown JAL before and thoroughly enjoyed the service, we'll be once more flying JAL this time. I'm sure the boys will love that. :)

Other things I have to do is change money. I have to get some yen before we go. Hopefully I'll be able to do that in the next few days and hopefully there will be enough to last us a few months before I find some part-time work. I'm most concerned about using the money for food and of course, the boys' milk because they still pretty much drink milk everyday, especially Ethan. And we all know very well that food in Japan cost a lot.

Anyway, if everything goes well, this means we'll be in Japan before the month is over. Wish us luck?

No comments: