Friday, October 30, 2009

ROAD TO RECOVERY

The boys are feeling much better today. They are not feverish any more and they are becoming their usual selves, and I'm glad for that even if I hear an occasional, "Mom-mee!" because of bickering.

Nikki's vesicles have started to dry up although there are still some "wet" ones. At least he's no longer just lying in bed and miserable. He's more upbeat now and talkative as ever. He doesn't scratch as much too but the scabs on his face look so bad (in my opinion). I just hope they heal nicely.

Ethan has lesser vesicles but since yesterday, he's developed a rash. He hates drinking medicine and I really dread having to tell him, "Okay Ethan, time for your antihistamine". We usually end up in a shouting match with him yelling "NONONONONONO!" and me begging, "Pleeeeease??" I so hate having to force him to drink medicine but I don't want him to succumb to anaphylactic shock just because he refused his meds. Sigh. This is supposed to be Ruther's job. (Hehe... Of course, the nasty stuff goes to the hubby.)

Anyway, I'm just glad that the boys are no longer listless and cranky. But just to be on the safe side, they'll have to stay home for a couple or more days...

No comments: