Monday, November 02, 2009

FEELING MUCH BETTER


Took these photos the morning after the storm hit Manila. We had a blackout so I had to find ways to entertain the boys. I decided to put up their little house and they loved it. After only 10 minutes inside the house, they were fast asleep. :)

The storm was sooo windy it woke as up (around 3 in the morning) and we were not able to sleep after that. Ethan was scared because it was windy and noisy and the sound made a "wooooo- ooooo- ooooo" sound that was a bit creepy. Nikki was too, but when I explained the noises to him, he lost his fear. We then proceeded to study the candle flame (which part of the flame is the hottest) and reflections and shadows. It was nice to have an instant science lesson then. :) Anyway, come morning, the wind died down but it was still overcast so we just stayed outside on the balcony and read books and played with flour. Who says blackouts can't be fun?

.....

As you can see in the photos, Nikki has more scabs than Ethan. But I'm glad to report that they are all drying up nicely now. But I'm sure my mom would be all worried and fussy when she sees the boys tomorrow. Yup, she, my dad and sis are arriving from Canada tomorrow evening! I am SO excited to see them! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow...the boys are getting SO big! Goes so fast, doesn't it?

Glad you all pulled through the storm and blackout well...thanks in part to your mothering making it FUN for the boys!