Thursday, October 29, 2009

THANKS BECKY!

It's been crazy these past days. I've spent so much time attending to the boys, discouraging them from scratching (little success there), keeping them hydrated and encouraging them to eat. It's been tough because my boys are rarely listless. Also, the vesicles look terrible!! Nikki has a lot on his face and I'm worried they would develop into permanent scars! I hope not. Maybe there's something I could apply on the drying wound that would keep it from scarring?

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to Becky for all the suggestions. The boys loved the oat bath. Before we did that, I would bathe them in some water mixed with an infusion of boiled guava leaves. Guava leaves have antiseptic properties. Only thing is, it turns the water brown which the boys don't like much. So last night, I tried the oat bath and they enjoyed it a lot! Ethan was wary at first but after I rubbed the oats (wrapped in their cloth diaper) on his skin he didn't mind anymore. I couldn't find the essential oil anywhere. I think it's available in specialty stores in huge malls here. Most probably in Makati but that's a bit far from here. I would have loved to try it though. I can't use honey on the sores too because we have an ant problem here at home. Wouldn't want to wake up with the boys covered in ants! :P

Thanks for the help and concern again Becky! You are truly a great friend! Mwah!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You're more than welcome.

I hadn't thought of an ant problem. We get those here, too...and that would be a HUGE problem were they to come inside en masse looking for something sticky and sweet ON MY KIDS, lol.

Glad the boys are feeling a bit better!