Friday, December 17, 2010

SURPRISINGLY COLD

Last year at around this time, it didn't feel like it was December at all. It was warm and hot and uncomfortable. This time though, especially in the early mornings, it would get quite cool, much to my boys' delight.

I remember years ago, when we would wake up for school, there would sometimes be a bit of fog outside the house and we would need to wear jackets. It was a nice way to start the morning. This time, it's not really jacket weather and there definitely is no more fog, but at least we still feel a bit of the chill at dawn.

Sometimes, I wish I could show my boys a glimpse of the past just so they would know how much things have changed in 2 decades. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a time machine?

.....

We're trying to come up with plans for the holidays. I want my boys to have some fun after all the sickness and the coughing and the puking, so we might try Enchanted Kingdom (that's an amusement park) or maybe Manila Ocean Park for their colorful water show. I think the boys would like either one. We also want to watch this circus show on the 27th but we haven't gotten tickets yet. Hopefully they aren't all out.

.....

I look sooo FAT right now, it's hideous!! I can't believe I've gotten this big in just a few months! I'm finding it harder and harder losing weight these days. Oh and those people saying breastfeeding will make you lose weight? Not true. At least in MY experience.

Now I'm doing Wii Fit. Well I did a few days ago until right until the time Nikki got sick and then I had to stop. And then Ethan's sick. So I had to put it off for a few more days. Now that everyone's on the road to recovery, I just might start Wii Fitting tomorrow. Can't wait! I know I have a lot of fat to burn.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, Yette. When one's body needs to be properly nourished for a growing baby inside, one has to eat. Yes, it may include some weight gain, but in a way, it represents your love for your little one in making sure the nutrition was adequate. Wii fit is great! I know of a lot of people who have used Dance Dance Revolution, too. One overweight gamer-type girl we know of lost 40 pounds!