Sunday, January 16, 2011

HOME BUT STILL SICK

My father-in-law is home from the hospital. He was discharged last Friday. He's home, not because he's recovered or is well. I think my MIL got too worried about the hospital bills and didn't want to spend another day there lest they end up penniless. So, my FIL will continue his treatment through meds and a lot of it last time I saw the list. Gave me the heebie jeebies.

After browsing through the test results and papers, it was discovered that my FIL had a lot going on inside his body. His lungs are of course, affected because of long-term smoking. His heart, pancreas and liver are enlarged. He has moderate intraperitoneal fluids which is why his stomach is so big. He's dizzy because he's anemic. There's something wrong with his prostate too. And I forgot the other problems. His kidneys are normal though.

Now, my MIL has to monitor his medicine-intake because my FIL can be so stubborn. He doesn't watch his diet, he doesn't exercise and he smokes and drinks. Sigh.

Here's hoping he'll listen this time.

.....

We went to the mall today for some family time. While there, I decided to have our picture taken in one of the photo studios. We got the one with 2 poses and it turned out nice. I was so glad because we've only had a few family photos with Enzo. This one will be another addition.

Happy about that.

.....

Ruther and I were discussing the other day about the possibility of putting up a small business instead of me working. I liked the idea because the thought of not being with the boys worries me more than finding a career. I would also like to continue to breastfeed Enzo and if I were to do that, it would be hard if I were working. We already have an idea on what business to put up. I suppose we'll need to talk to some people about helping us with the business then hopefully, we could make this happen. Should it happen, I think this will be one exciting adventure for us.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll pray that your business venture works out for you guys! That sounds like an exciting step to take, but a good one if you're able to be home with your boys.