Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TO BE HEALTHY

The results are in. Of our physical exam, that is. And it's not all good. Apparently, I have UTI and so does Nikki. Fortunately, it's just a mild infection and I will need to take antibiotics for it. Nikki will just have to take lots of water to counter it. Ethan has hematuria (blood in the urine) but according to my sister (who checked the lab results) it's just a few red blood cells and usually, hematuria in kids are self-limiting. He'll need to take lots of water too and then after a week, we'll have another urinalysis done. Also, Ethan has impacted cerumen. That means, he has a huge earwax that's blocking his ear canal! Ewww!! Gotta take care of that.

We would also have to go to the ophthalmologist for my eye exam and Nikki's too. We might have that next month because this month is just too hectic.

My Pap smear was all right, thank goodness. As recommendation, it was suggested that I "adapt a healthy lifestyle and exercise". Ah, tell me something I don't know?

Anyway, just glad that there was nothing serious. Although I really really think I should stop with the sweets already. Diabetes scares the -bleep!- outta me.

.....

I have started reading Agatha Christie's Seven Dials Mystery and it's a bit boring. I so enjoyed the Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot series and I think I'll stick to those after I'm done with this one. I just hate being so disappointed when I read. I always want to be excited with the story, to be on my toes, expectant and raring to know what's going to happen next. Un-putdownable books. Those are for me.

No comments: