Friday, January 28, 2011

TALKING ABOUT SCHOOL

Today, I brought Nikki to his Music and Arts class. My sister was available to babysit so I decided to leave Enzo and Ethan home with her. It was nice getting to bond with other homeschooling moms. It was a nice break, to be able to focus on Nikki and to not be distracted. But at the same time, I missed Enzo a lot. I suppose being with him all the time just made me miss his presence this afternoon.

Anyway, talking to the other moms was delightful. I'm usually quite reserved and often stay in one corner unless someone approaches me and talks to me first. But this afternoon, I mingled and chatted with moms and it was fun. I hope to be able to chat more with them without shyness in the next few weeks. Nikki has also been quite the chatterbox with his classmates and I'm glad for that, although he tends to imitate the other noisy boys during class, much to my chagrin. I'm hoping that Ethan would mature and develop more so that he could learn to socialize as well.

.....

I was a bit sad when Ruther thought of enrolling Nikki next school year in regular school. If we find a school that would accept him in second grade, I suppose that would allow him to learn how to mingle with regular school kids and be more independent. I guess it's worth a try. If that happens, I would be able to focus more on Ethan and Enzo. Still, I'm not so sure about this move. I know Nikki and he has yet to learn to be true to himself. He is easily influenced and can be manipulated. He's just very trusting. I don't want him to have emotional scars that could last for years. I don't think I could live with that should that happen. So, I suppose I am taking this news with a bittersweet acceptance. Hopefully, we'll be able to find a good school for him and he'll do well and be proud of himself and his endeavors. Because he doesn't have to prove anything to me. I'm already one proud mommy.

No comments: