Friday, June 17, 2011

DAY 2

Today is Nikki's second day in school. I promise this isn't going to be a day by day chronicle of Nikki's school adventures but I just can't help but feel proud and excited. This is his first time in school ever and apparently, he's enjoying it. Today they did a bit of coloring and singing and drawing and stuff like that. All easy-peasy for my Grade 3 boy but I don't care. He's having fun. That's all that matters. I was thinking, we'll do our regular homeschooling stuff after school during the easy days and maybe part of the weekend. I know I have to figure this out yet but I'm sure we'll come up with something that works.

.....

Enzo simply loves music. Ruther and I watch So You Think You Can Dance and he always shakes his butt during the opening credits (is that called credits too?). We already videoed him dancing to Poker Face which my sister absolutely loved and is now demanding more videos of him. Enzo is growing so fast I won't be surprised if he starts taking steps in a few short months. Sigh. It really really tugs at my heartstrings seeing my boys grow up so fast. One is in school and the other starting to walk! Waah!

.....

Been having some issues with my mother-in-law's helper. There are just some things I don't agree on when I KNOW that I'm on the right side of things. I'm not one to simply be biased and take my own side. I've been taught to carefully weigh issues and decisions and to do the right thing and as much as possible, not to hurt other people. And believe me, I try my darnest. But when I feel that I am (or my family are) being taken advantaged of, well, that's another matter entirely. Anyway, I know what I have to do and I know what I've decided on. I just hope that in the end, the helper will respect my decision and realize that her situation right now is as good as it gets.

.....

So, did you get to see the lunar eclipse last night? I was up til 12 midnight but couldn't stay up any longer than that because I had to be awake early the next morning to cook breakfast and Nikki's baon. I did see some of the photos in the news and it's simply too bad I didn't get to see the moon in its reddish glory because it would have been an absolutely great learning experience for the boys. Sigh. That's one thing I will miss about not being able to homeschool at our own time now that Nikki has regular school.

No comments: