Thursday, June 23, 2011

NO CLASSES

Nikki is staying home. He doesn't have any classes today because they were suspended due to a typhoon that's in the country. I was so bummed about it, not because Nikki won't have any classes today, but because I called the school earlier and they said that "may pasok" (school is open) only to find out once we got there that there was a suspension of classes! Sigh. I suppose the announcement was given after I called but it was just so inconvenient to go all the way to school and then come right back in the rain.

Anyway, we'll just make a day out of it. Nikki already told me he wanted to do an experiment today so we'll do that and some lessons later.

.....

My sister just told me today that her research papers (2 of them) were published in the Philippine Journal of Internal Medicine! I'm so proud of her! Of course I had to spill it to family and friends. Just hope that she lands a really great job in Canada. She's very dedicated to her career and knows exactly what she wants. The world certainly is her oyster. :)

.....

I miss Game of Thrones already. It's a new tv series made by HBO and I so love the story. It's based on a book by George R.R. Martin titled "A Song of Fire and Ice". I think the series is simply amazing. The characters are wonderful and there's just so much that this series has to offer. After 10 episodes this first season, I was so sad that the story ended. But at the same time, I am SO looking forward to the next season. For now, I'm going to try reading the books and see how different it is from the tv show. Anyway, if you haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, please do. You might like it as much as I do. :)

No comments: