Sunday, July 10, 2011

MY BIRTHDAY!

I am 35 years old today. Wow. To be completely honest, I don't know what or how to feel about that. I have some mixed emotions tonight, as I write this and my family are all asleep behind me. I feel as though I am on top of my game but at the same time, I feel as though I'm still fumbling in some aspects of my life. I suppose the one thing I will always regret is not focusing on a career early on. I know I have my reasons for putting my family ahead of everything else in my life and to be honest, I don't regret spending time with them, but at the same time, I'm a bit fearful about my career path in the next few years. I mean, I always imagined myself to be working once Enzo is bigger but the question is "How?" And therein lies the question that haunts me as I grow another year older. Well, I just hope that there's still a chance for me...

.....

Nikki seems to be adjusting well to school life. Well, we both are. Since I still homeschool him sometimes after school I know that it can be a bit tedious for him so I still try to make it enjoyable for him. So far, he's managing well. He's having some difficulty with Makabayan (our Civics and Culture) because well, it's in Filipino but he's coping and I suppose, as long as he doesn't give up, I should be thankful. This month, I am looking forward to Nutrition Day because it's going to be a family affair in their school and I really do want to be a part of his school activities. Hopefully, it will be a fun event for all.

.....

We got to watch Transformers 3 last week. Ruther was a bit disappointed. He expressed his dismay at the addition of new characters/robots and how the storyline deviated a lot from the first 2 installments. Ethan had a blast with the 3D glasses and I must say, it was quite enjoyable. I really dreaded watching the 3D version because of my motion sickness but it wasn't too bad. Next movie, Happy Potter!! Can't wait!

.....

Enzo is now starting to eat rice. Yup, RICE. The other day, I gave him some rice with soup and he just ate away as though he didn't have only 2 tiny teeth. He's just growing so fast! Gosh! Turning 10 months this 20th, I really don't know how to react to that. I'm already planning/preparing his 1st birthday (which will be in September) and next week, Ruther and I will be checking out the venue so we could make reservations. I really wanted the party to be in a playground near our home because Enzo will have a bug party and it will look garden-y but I really don't want to risk it with the crazy weather we've been having. Some of the typhoons are just terrible! Anyway, gotta make more plans and did I mention I am SO excited? :D

No comments: