Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'LL TRY

I don't usually make resolutions because 1. I suck at it, and 2. they don't usually come true. But this time, in the extreme desire to make 2012 a positive year, I will make just one. Yup. One. Simple. Resolution.

I will do my very best (not promise) to be vigilant always. Why so? Because I tend to procrastinate. Okay fine. I procrastinate more often than not. Happy now?

Why "vigilant"? Because 1. it means "keeping careful watch", 2. it's easy to chant in my head, and 3. I'm sure not many people out there use it as a mantra of sorts. I have to remind myself to be vigilant with regards to my children's education (homeschooling is wonderful but it's crazy!), to be vigilant in doing what I can today, to be vigilant in fulfilling the needs of my family, and to be vigilant in saving/earning money in every little way that I can. Every time I feel like I'm purposely taking it slow, I tell myself, "be vigilant" and I feel some little energy inside me that gives me that much-needed push. It's wonderful really. It's like my own personal booster.

I've been selling some of our stuff online lately. I started late last year as I was decluttering the house. Undecided on what to do with the baby stuff around I tried to post it online as a for sale ad. And we pretty much sold the baby walker, the playpen, the crib accessory and ladybug costume in a month. It was a nice surprise. I never thought that we'd be able to make a couple of sales. Since it seemed like a very good thing to preoccupy me, I thought, why not continue selling our stuff online while decluttering the house? So, that's what I've been doing and so far, it's been swell. Today, I managed to sell our baby carrier from a guy who lives in Magallanes! And that's not near our place. It's just amazing. Since it seems so promising, I'm thinking of testing other things to sell online like my crochet stuff and some bead creations. Who knows, right?

Anyway, back to vigilance. I think that that would be the best word for me to use this year. Maybe this is the positive thing that I need right now to focus and start my year right. I know I've bungled a lot of resolutions in the past (which made me stop making them years ago) but this time, I gave a very good feeling about it.

No comments: