Sunday, January 29, 2012

YET HERE I AM

I have a terrible cough and cold and yet, I can't find time to rest. It's tough being a mom, that's for sure. You rest for a minute then feel guilty when you forget to fix the messy living room, or forget to remind your son to drink his vitamins. I've been coughing for days now. And apparently today, it's just not enough. I've developed a cold as well. Yup, it's not enough that I sound like a braying donkey whenever I cough, I have to sniff as well. This afternoon, my body just couldn't take it. At around 12noon, I just had to nap to get myself energized. But I was wrong, when I woke up, my body just felt tired, my eyes felt warm and I was still coughing. Sigh. Good thing Ruther was there to take care of the boys. He even bathed Ethan and Enzo while I was dozing. I love this guy. Anyway, am planning to drink plenty of Vitamin C to boost my immune system and maybe, just maybe, that will be enough to make me better.

.....

I have started reviewing Nikki for his exams this Thursday and Friday. I try to do it a little at a time because knowing him, he would either be too bored after 15 minutes of review or would daydream while I blab away. So far, he's doing well. We just have to concentrate more on his Filipino and Makabayan subjects because he's not that fluent in Filipino yet. But so far, am so proud of his progress. Even if he's in first grade in regular school, we still continue with his grade 3 homeschooling after classes. I know it's tough but I make sure he we do it a little at a time so he won't be burned out. I still don't know if this is the right path for him but looking at his progress in school and here at home, I'm thinking, we might as well continue on...

.....

Finally watched Breaking Dawn Part 1 the other day. Wanted to watch it at the movies but was afraid Ruther would die from "excessive cheesiness". So, I took pity and decided to wait. Didn't have to force Ruther to watch it the other day. At least he lasted through the movie, with some comments from me about how it compared to the book. It was an okay movie I guess. I did enjoy watching it, but to watch it repeatedly, I don't think that's something I would do.

Anyway, am looking forward to the part 2 of this movie. Hopefully it'll be as great as the book.

No comments: