Saturday, May 05, 2012

TAKING A TRIP

My mom will be leaving for Canada at the end of the month to visit my sister in Toronto. With my dad and brother. I am SO jealous!! I wish I could tag along. But I can't because 1. I don't have the funds, 2. I don't have the funds, and 3. I can't leave my family without me!  As much as I know they will have a lot of fun there and I really wish I could see my sis in Canada, I know I . Oh well...

My sister has some requests for me to do and buy before my mom leaves.  I hope that can do/get them all before the departure.  One of those requests is having to renew her professional license.  That won't be a problem since I plan on going to PRC to renew my license as well.  After checking the PRC website, I was relieved to know that all I simply need is a letter of authorization from my sister to claim her new license.  Thank goodness.

I've already started buying the pasalubong (presents) for my relatives.  It's now a box full.  I hope my mom won't mind. I did tell her about my intention in getting presents for family in Canada and she said it was okay. So I hope it is.

I wish I could see Canada. I wish I could go places with my family the way we did when we were little.  After I got married I haven't been to a family vacation out of the country.  My mom, sis and dad went to China once.  And my brother went with them to HongKong I think.  Sigh.  Wish I was with them during those times to have some wonderful bonding memories.

Anyway, I still hope that visiting Canada will be in our plans in the future.  I hope to be able to let my boys study there and eventually live there when they are older.  If it means working my butt off to get them there, then so be it.

No comments: