Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FAST FORWARD


I know it's been ages but that's what happens when:
1. You're homeschooling more than one kid.
2. You're homeschooling and have a precocious one-year-old who has separation anxiety.
3. Your helper left and you end up with endless chores. 
4. You're living with a harpy who give you a lot of stress.
Anyway, as much as I would love to regale you with the many joyous things that happened since I last posted, I'm sure it would only bore you.  So, let's stick to the interesting stuff, shall we?
.....
I'm sure you've heard about the freaky (non-)storm that came to the Philippines weeks ago.  Yes, it was pretty scary.  And no, we were fortunately, not affected by floods.  I'm just really thankful for that. We had some droplets of rain in the boys' room though, but I'd have that anyday.  Before Mama had the firewall repaired, the boys had like a waterfall in their room whenever it rained really hard.  So yeah, a few drops are not a problem for me...  I can't say the same about other parts of Manila though...
.....
I'm putting my plans for Nikki's birthday on hold at the moment since I'm making his costume for Linggo ng Wika. I want his costume to be spectacular.  It will be sort of a tribal/ati-atihan-style costume.  I already made the paper mache base so we could decorate it with coconut fibers and other materials from coconut.  I'm so excited!  We're planning to use red and gold colors to make it really vibrant and then we'll use some shimmer/bronzing powder and apply it to the skin for some tribal regality.  Neat huh. I hope Nikki wins.  Last year he wanted to win a trophy and I told him, only the representatives were qualified to win.  So i'm doing this for him.  Keeping my fingers crossed...
.....
Like I mentioned earlier, our helper left.  When?  That was on my birthday.  Right after we got back from Puerto Galera, boom!  Surprise!  No maid.  But I can't blame her.  A person here at home (the harpy) treated her really badly during her entire stay and I didn't want her to suffer any longer.  So when she told me that she needed to go, I just couldn't stop her.  I just couldn't.
Anyway, we had to go on with no helper for a few more weeks.  Then last week, we got another helper.  Good news right?  Not.  The helper was great.  But the harpy was at it again.  The helper was only here for 3 days and I had to intervene because the harpy was harboring ill-feelings and was grumbling all the time and muttering complaints about the helper. Of course I had to intervene. It was to exhausting.  Anyway, to make the story short, the helper left yesterday.  Must be a record for the shortest work by a helper in this household.  And all because of the harpy. I don't know how else we can live here with someone like that.  
I hope she leaves before she tests my patience or worse, show her my wrath.

No comments: